Die Bucherdieben

FEBRUARY

Image result for the book of ruth novel

The Book Of Ruth

Jane Hamilton

104 of 328

℘ ℘ ℘/℘ ℘ ℘ ℘ ℘

The Book of Ruth, started as an endless wonder. A look into the paper copy of the film Man in the Moon, starring Reese Wither-spoon. Beginning in a homely farm house, with blue walls and white shutters, a young girl blossoms with wonder, of her mother called May.She and her mother are a blank canvases when compared to the great trees and dry expanses of grasses, that grow to be rolling hills. Prairie dresses and homemade shorts are stapled memories, along with sweaty summer afternoons, consumed with running through the  the chirping ferns, that ended at the glistening bog. The words that make the trees and emulate the bog, are the only memorable quality, of a book, who its first turn of pages, was admired.

Related image

The Longest Ride

Nicholas Sparks

℘ ℘ ℘ ℘/ ℘ ℘ ℘ ℘ ℘

28 of 475

A Jewish family, a son who loves forever, and a series of paintings, all spoken in a turn of  a few pages. my heart has been softly caressed by the paintbrush stroking calm yellows onto a a farmhouse scenery. I would be lying if i had told you this was my first time  venturing into the past of Ira and Ruth, for I have already seen the film.  Reading it in a paper has an odd breath, a new face., a warmer greeting. Perhaps it because I get to make the farmhouse up in my head make it look like a painting.

Image result for louisiana farmhouse painting

four pages a day

This saddens me greatly as I usually am a strong reader, but have just fallen of the wagon, I know I read bounteously but just haven’t made the time to find a good book that I love.I have been flirting with books here and there just haven’t been falling in love.

foreshadowing march

Dear march,  I would love to read more books for the days you bring. I would love to finish the longest ride and go on to reading La Nuit Bengali by Mircea Eliade and The Corinthian by Georgette Heyer

March

Related image

To Kill A Mockingbird

Harper Lee

296/296

℘ ℘ ℘ ℘ ℘/℘ ℘ ℘ ℘ ℘

I have always loved book that remind of times that we don’t live in today.To kill a mockingbird is an all time classic that i always have time to read. It is one of those books that reminds me that reading can really transport you out  of boring Calgary, to Maycomb county in the fifties. I love how there moment of description of characters and even times where the sweltering summer days are so perfectly encapsulated into words, that you can’t help but feel warm. But my most favorite part is the father. I find Atticus so intriguing. He as the aspects of a perfect father, without being so archetypal that it he becomes boring. HE just seems like a godly figure in a world of chaos. I also love the film and it would be entirely a lie if I didn’t say that the film pushes the book up to number one for me on my reading list. Also I adore Gregory Peck so  seeing him play Atticus, is like being given two ice cream sundaes. The world just can’t be this sweet.

Related image

Related image

Lolita

Vladimir Nobokov

212/317

℘ ℘ ℘ ℘ ℘/℘ ℘ ℘ ℘ ℘

I came across Lolita through it film. I watched the movie two years ago and was simply confused.  It isn’t a romantic novel and i don’t believe Nabokov ever intended for it to be. It tell the greatest story of all, of how innocence can be manipulated. That is why children are so protected, because the real world ensnares them with a poisonous facade of love. It is a warning to all mankind. My favorite of all things in this book is how eloquent and poetic the lines are. Everything is id so beautifully that it allows the tragedy to be held in, thus as a reader in a sense you root for Humbert. That is until you realized how wrong in his ways he is. How utterly disturbed.

16 pages a day

I finally made some time for reading and when I did I couldn’t stop. I am really getting bake out there . I want to double this number for next month.

foreshadowing april

Although i dint read the books i said i would i would like to get around to them. I just cant find them anywhere. Instead I will set new goal I would like to read all of

April

Image result for the hobbit book cover

The Hobbit

J.R.R Tolkien

296/310

℘ ℘ ℘ ℘ ℘/℘ ℘ ℘ ℘ ℘

This month I was craving something magically fictitious. What better than the hobbit . I have loved this book since seventh grade and have always found it to be one of those books you can start but can never put down. It packs an adventure for the reader and I have always been a gig fan of adventure novels. J.R.R Tolkien has always been a a genius with scenery description and that is quite simple my most favorite part of the book. From where the hobbit lives to Golloms ring bearing cave, each description just lets you travel to anew destination.

Image result for the book thief

The Book Thief

Markus Zusak

584/584

℘  ℘  ℘ ℘ ℘/℘ ℘ ℘ ℘ ℘

On the wintry days of spring, my most absolute favorite thing to do is sit by my window, watch the snow fall and read a good book. This time I had the most perfect one . The book thief seems to make the world feel like winter. It begins soft with the subtle death of her brother, just like the first few flakes the fall in winter. But ends in chaotic uproar, where her family lay in rubble and she is left to survive. But there is always a calm after the storm. She stays with Mrs. Hermann. Just like at the end of  storm the sun begins to shine again.

30 pages a day

I achieved my goal I am reading so much more and now i am so excited to read. I used to think movies were better than books, but now. I am a changed humans. Books are like movies you make for yourself.

foreshadowing may

For the month of may I would like to see if I can read forty pages. I do have a hectic schedule but reading is so calming i might just use it as an escape this month. I would like to read some F. Scott Fitzgerald this upcoming month.

May

Related image

The Great Gatsby

F. Scott Fitzgerald

218/218

℘ ℘ ℘ ℘ ℘/℘ ℘ ℘ ℘ ℘

I have always been a fan of the twenties. Even though I know that they are filled with tragedy. I guess i am blinded by the facade of flapper girl, monstrous parties and toppling mansion love affairs. If i am an addict of the twenties than the Great Gatsby is my fix.It is  a n overflowing champagne glass sculpture of romance , loss, and truth. It draws you in with luxury, like fancy clothes and expensive cars, then strangles you with the notion that man  kind is forever corrupt with greed. As I am a film buff I cannot lie an say that I hadn’t watched the film for the fourteenth trillion time after reading the book. Even the film is so poisonously beautiful

Related image.

℘℘Related image

The Help

Kathryn Socket

493/524

℘ ℘ ℘ ℘ ℘/℘ ℘ ℘ ℘ ℘

The Help was always a favorite book mine.I read it whenever I can and almost always I have a new epiphany. My favorite absolute part from the book, apart from the southern touch to the dialect that it is written in, is the way the characters narrate what happens. The voices all have different ways of speaking on paper. And the distinctiveness who is telling a story in which chapter is easy as each character is so distinct in what they say and how they speak, This book never fails to amaze me  when it comes too story telling. Reading this book makes me feel as though my grandma is telling me a story.

Image result for the namesake book cover

The Namesake 

Jhumpa Lahiri

291/291

℘ ℘ ℘ ℘ ℘/℘ ℘ ℘ ℘ ℘

Indian authors have always been untouchable to me. I find the stories hit to close to home that it feels like I am reading a diary rather than a story. But I would be failed Bengali if I hadn’t gone to read a story that details the life of someone like me. The namesake follows the story of a young Bengali boy who name is the basis for the events that conspire. I don’t wish to spoil the book, but I will say that every Indian child that has been ashamed of there parents or even there heritage, when living i a western country, is represented by this novel. I am forever great full that I am Bengali and that my parents are who they are.

Image result for the namesake gif

33 pages a day

I am so proud. I have found myself becoming my younger self again.The little girl who loved to read.She is still me.

Skip to toolbar